Overloaded Ark by Helena Espvall Masaki Batoh, released 18 August 2009 1. Little Blue Dragon 2. Overloaded Ark 3. Until Tomorrow 4. Sueno Con Serpientes 5. Pro Peccatis Suae Gentis, Nun fanget an 6. Tourdion 7. Over the Luminous Land 8. Vem Kan Segla 9. Sham No Umi In their space craft to float over the Ragnarok, Batoh and Helena play ark-dreams instead of ark-realities. This means they won't let you get left behind when the big one comes! The unbeatable lightness of heavy. Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Purchasable with gift card. Record/Vinyl + Digital Album. Includes unlimited streaming of Overloaded Ark via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. ships out within 7 days.
Recorded in Tokyo, Japan December, 2008. Other photos: Nagasaki, 1945. Other Versions (3 of 3) View All. Cat.
The second collaborative effort between Masaki Batoh and Helena Espvall finds the two musicians' union on even stronger footing than before; while their debut was enjoyable, there's a sense of them not simply wanting to rest on their laurels for the sheer novelty of their first collaboration
Artist: Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh. Album: Overloaded Ark. Release year: 2009. Overloaded Ark: Best 2 songs. Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Vem Kan Segla 01:24. Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Over The Luminous Land 10:34. Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh: best 2 tracks. Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Vem Kan Segla Overloaded Ark, 2009 01:24. Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Over The Luminous Land Overloaded Ark, 2009 10:34. Artist: Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh.
Overloaded Ark reinterprets songs dug up from a variety of different cultures, from Scandinavian folk to French and Italian medieval court dances - with a spot of German madrigal thrown in as a crowd-pleaser. Helena Espvall and Masaki Batoh.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Little Blue Dragon
Written-By – Anon.*
|4||Sueño Con Serpientes
Written-By – Silvio Rodriguez*
|5||Pro Peccatis Suae Gentis / Nun Fanget An
Written-By – Hans Leo Hassler*, Orlando di Lasso*
Written-By – Pierre Attaingnant*
|7||Over The Luminous Land||10:34|
|8||Vem Kan Segla
Arranged By – Finnish/Swedish Trad. Arr.*Written-By – Anon.*
|9||Sham No Umi||7:42|
- Copyright (c) – Masaki Batoh
- Copyright (c) – Helena Espvall
- Copyright (c) – Drag City Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Drag City Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Harp [Renaissance], Vocals – Helena Espvall
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Sho, Banjo, Electronics, Vocals – Masaki Batoh
- Engineer [Asst.] – Michiru Tawa
- Engineer [Sound] – Satoru Fujii
- Goblet Drum [Darbuka], Tambourine [Riq], Drums [Frame], Percussion [Other] – Junzo Tateiwa
- Photography By [Front] – Kenichi Sumitani
- Photography By [Tray] – Minoru Tsuyuki
- Rauschpfeife, Crumhorn, Crumhorn [Cornamuse], Hurdy Gurdy – Haruo Kondo
- Recorder, Piano – Kazuo Ogino
- Written-By – Helena Espvall (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 9), Masaki Batoh (tracks: 2, 3, 7, 9)
NotesRecorded in Tokyo, Japan December, 2008.
Other photos: Nagasaki, 1945.
©2009 Masaki Batoh / ©2009 Helena Espvall (BMI).
©&℗2009 Drag City Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 81484 03882 5
- Matrix / Runout: DC388CD 4529-CD-0199
|DC388CD||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Overloaded Ark (CDr, Album, Promo)||Drag City||DC388CD||US||2009|
|DC388||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Overloaded Ark (2xLP, Album)||Drag City||DC388||US||2009|
|DC388CD||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh||Helena Espvall & Masaki Batoh - Overloaded Ark (CD, Album, Promo)||Drag City||DC388CD||US||2009|